Rayeesa is a British born Indian with Persian Roots. Her culinary inspiration comes from her mother and nana who instilled a love of good food you can share with your loved ones. Rayeesa now runs a successful Indian Cookery School in Herefordhsire and produces an incredible range of Frozen Curry Sauces. She will also be running an Indian Cookery Masterclass at this year's Food Festival.
We asked Rayeesa to share with us one of her staple recipes to encourage us all to get cooking. Lindsey and I were fortunate enough to try this recipe when we went to visit Rayeesa at her home, and it was incredible!
RAYEESA'S SPICY SCRAMBLED EGGS/OMLETTE
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 a medium onion finely diced, 2 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp. milk, 1 tbsp. rapeseed oil or butter to fry
- A handful of coriander chopped
- Beat eggs well and add all the ingredients and stir well to remove any lumps of spices.
- Gently heat the oil/butter in a frying pan.
- Add 1/2 cup full of egg mixture to pan.
- Leave to cook for 1-2 min, whilst gently stirring, until the eggs are scrambled.
- Remove and place on serving plate, and serve straight away with some warm chapatti's, naan bread or toast.